Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nutty Zucchini Bread

I just took this zucchini bread out of the oven several minutes ago and it is good! I used shredded zucchini that I had frozen, along with applesauce cubes that I froze in ice cube trays the last time that I opened a jar of applesauce for a recipe. I used half splenda and half sugar. I don't use really use splenda anymore but I just wanted to use up the rest of a box that I had. Do you use a sugar substitue in recipes? Are the recipe results similar?

Nutty Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or 3/4 c. all purpose and 3/4 c. wheat)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups SPLENDA(R), Granulated or sugar or similar sweetener
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat to 350. Spray an 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside. Beat eggs and splenda on medium speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add oil, applesauce and vanilla; beat at medium speed 1 minute. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Serves 12.

Calories 160 Protein 4g Fat 10g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment