Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe

At some point I came across some recipes for homemade taco seasoning mix. Since I always have all of the spices, it made sense to just make up a batch of my own instead of getting mad and sending Loren to the store every time I needed a packet of taco seasoning. So…I don’t know where this recipe came from, as with many of the recipes that I have, but it is pretty good. You can adjust any of the seasoning amounts if you’re looking for a different flavor. Sometimes I add some chipotle chili powder for a smoky taste and because I’m obsessed with chipotles. Does anyone else make a homemade taco seasoning? If so, please give me the recipes so that I may try your version.

Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container. Use as you would any taco seasoning…you’ll have to estimate the amount that you’d use in place of a packet.

No comments:

Post a Comment