Monday, May 4, 2009

Why I Love Trader Joe's

Before I ever shopped at Trader Joe's, I assumed that it was a high-priced health food store with limited selection. I found that I was completely wrong, except for that many of the food options ARE more healthy than typical grocery store products (no high fructose corn syrup or trans-fat, that I've seen--and I read ingredients). It is definitely my favorite place to shop.

Why I love this store:
-return anything that you don't like for a full refund
-samples to try before you buy
-the employees always seem happy and are crazy helpful
-2.99 greek yogurt (compared to $4+ for Fage)
-1.99 liquid egg whites carton
-1.69 reduced fat wheat crisp crackers
-1.29 for 4 big lemons
-1.79 1/2 gallon of milk
-1.69 for 1.5 lbs of baby carrots
-1.49 shredded carrots
-1.49 dozen eggs
-1.99 hummus (chipotle pepper is my favorite!)
-2.49 organic spinach
-1.69 english muffins
-1.89 pizza sauce
-1.79 peanut butter (salted or unsalted creamy or crunchy)
-3.49 for a bag of 4 avocados
-0.99 sea salt
-3.99 2-ply 12 rolls recycled bath tissue
-Lots of imported cheese...good prices on it. I love the brie and the blue cheese
-Tofu is only about 1.49 (used to be .99, but I think the price increased)
-I don't have prices, but I also love the frozen veggies and berries.
-Awesome selection of cookies, nuts, candy (chocolate covered everything), and frozen desserts
-Great beer/wine selection
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON
-3.49 Charles Shaw Wine! Ever heard of 2 Buck Chuck? This is it...and it is GOOD.

Anything to add?? There is a Trader Joe's at Easton and one on Sawmill near 161.

No comments:

Post a Comment