Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese

I made these roasted potatoes to serve with Coffee-Rubbed Roasted Chicken.  They turned out tasty, even though I forgot to stir them and they were a little crispier on one side.  The chipotle ranch dressing was from Whole Foods - the 365 Brand, so it wasn't expensive.  I have this thing...when I see the word chipotle on something I have a really hard time not buying it because I love it so much!  Occasionally, I end up with some failures, like the Spectrum Pomegranate Chipotle Salad Dressing for which I paid WAY too much.  I love pomegranates and chipotle, but this dressing isn't very good - especially for the cost - I think it was $5+!  I typically don't have ranch or chipotle ranch dressing, so in the future I'd probably just toss the potatoes in some oil and sprinkle it with dry ranch seasoning and the rest.  Leave out the real bacon bits if you don't have them - they gave it a nice smokey flavor, but it won't make or break the dish - just don't use those crappy dried bacon bits - make sure they are the "real" bacon bits or "real" turkey bacon bits. 


Roasted Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese
Makes: 8 servings

1/2 cup chipotle ranch dressing or regular lowfat ranch (check for GF)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup real bacon bits
2 lb. potatoes, quartered (red or white)
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Couple of shakes of chipotle flakes or red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix dressing, cheese and bacon bits in large bowl. Add potatoes and seasonings; toss lightly. Dump in a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and stir; bake an additional 15 min. or until potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment